Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Pippa Jacket by Izzy & Ivy Designs

The Pippa Jacket by Izzy & Ivy Designs

I was also able to test Izzy & Ivy's third pattern, The Pippa Jacket. Isn't this the sassiest jacket?!? I will admit, all of those buttons had me very intimidated. I have a love/hate relationship with making buttonholes, especially since my beloved Janome was in the shop and I was using a loaner. But it wasn't as bad as I'd feared. I love the way it turned out. This is rated an Intermediate pattern; you need to be pretty comfortable with making buttonholes and some hand sewing (specifically whip stitching).

Now for the specifics:
* Sizes 2-12
* Suggested fabrics range from wovens to corduroy and denim. I used corduroy.
* The sleeves have tabs and buttons at the wrist. This is a great way to use some fun buttons from your stash!
* It buttons up the front with 4 buttons; another great place to use those buttons
* The faux pockets are yet another place to use some great buttons.
* The bodice and sleeves are fully lined, with a peplum-style skirt.

To celebrate the launch of their new PDF line, you can purchase all 3 patterns bundled at a 20% discount - Evie, Tallulah, & Pippa

0 Comments: