Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tallulah by Izzy & Ivy Designs

Tallulah by Izzy & Ivy Designs

I have been sitting on this one for awhile now and I'm so excited to finally be able to share!
Izzy & Ivy Designs are best known in the paper pattern world. You can buy their patterns at local fabric or quilting shops. Just recently, they're entered into the world of PDF's. The Tallulah top/dress was their 2nd PDF pattern; The Evie sun dress was their first (and you better believe that MY Evie wants this one since it shares her name).

The low down on the Tallulah:
* This top/dress ranges in size from a 2 up to a 12. I tested the 12 for my 9 year old. The fit was great and she wants me to make her another one. That right there makes this pattern a keeper for me. :)
* A cross front bodice - You can either make the bodice out of knit or wovens. I was nervous about using knit, but it was super easy! Jana & Shasta include some great tips for sewing with knits.
* Long sleeves with an accent cuff. The sleeves have a sweet button detail on the cuffs.
* Two lengths - top and dress. The dress has a contrast hem band. I added a hem band to my top because my daughter likes hers longer, especially when she's wearing leggings.
* It has a sash that ties in the back and super cute pouffy pockets.

I think for their first foray into PDF's, they hit it out of the park. Welcome to the PDF world Izzy & Ivy!

0 Comments: