Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I love Lucy sweater by Stitchwerx Designs

I love Lucy sweater by Stitchwerx Designs

I have a 10 year old chihuahua, named Enzo (pictured above). He is affectionately nicknamed Bubba. If you know anything about chihuahua's, you know that they're cold natured and pretty nervous. So, Bubba shakes ALL of the time - when he's cold, if he thinks I'm about to leave, when he's in trouble, you get the idea. So, when Kim wanted to have a re-test of her I love Lucy dog sweater, I knew I had to sign up. My old man needed a sweater!
This is the first pattern I've used to make something for any of my pets. And it was the perfect one to start with! It's super quick & easy and the results are great. The only downside is that I wish I had a girl dog; the girly version is adorable!

The details:
* Included are 5 sizes. This pattern fits dogs with girths from 9" to 19". Kim gives detailed instructions on how to find out which size will best fit your dog. You just need 3 simple measurements - neck, girth, and back length.
* This pattern is for fleece, so it's stretchy and you don't have to finish your seams. I did just because I like the added durability of serging the seams.
* 2 versions - Version 1 is the turtleneck style. You can do it with all of the same fabric, or you can make the sleeves & turtleneck out of contrasting colors. Version 2 is the girly version and has loopy fringe around the collar and back hem. There is also an optional flower accent.

I think this took maybe 30 minutes to sew up. It is the perfect pattern for your 4 legged furbabies.

0 Comments: