Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

It has been almost 3 months since I've posted anything (it's been almost 4 since I posted to my family blog). Where has the time gone?

A little over a month ago, I partnered up with the owner of a local monogramming business. She was looking to launch a children's clothing line and needed some seamstresses. I took a leap of faith and it was probably the best decision I've ever made. She has been keeping me busy! I have enjoyed working with her immensely; making some extra money doing something I truly love, is just an added bonus.

A week and a half ago, we had some devastating tornadoes come through our area. We went 2 days with absolutely no power until we were finally able to purchase a generator. About 3 days after that, our power was restored; some areas went for several days longer without it. I will never again take warm showers, hot food, & clean clothes for granted. I am so thankful that we still have a roof over our heads, clothes to wear, and no loss of life. There are so many people who can't say the same thing. It has been so encouraging to see how our state has come together. Through the power of Facebook, people from all over the country have stepped up to help. We've even had a few celebrities in our midst (Charlie Sheen, Paul Walker, & Lance Bass).

I was able to squeeze in some non-work related sewing and finished all 3 of my girls Easter dresses... the day before Easter. I had to pull an all nighter to get that accomplished.

And finally, I'd like to wish my mother a very Happy Mother's Day!
Parents
I am especially thankful for her this year after the recent events in our area. She has always been the epitome of the perfect mother and the best Nana my girls could ever have. I thank God for her! For without her, I would have never been blessed with them...
Easter dresses
The three beautiful girls who made me a Mama!

Happy Mother's Day!

2 Comments:

Stephanie said...

Your daughters are absolutely beautiful!

Have a great day Cori!


- Stephanie

Controlling My Chaos said...

Congratulations on your new business venture!