Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Zebra & Hot pink

My oldest daughter had to wear Black or white to school today. She told me that she wanted it to be a dress.

We were at my parents house last night when my mom told me that she wanted me to make her a skirt for Safari day at school (she's a 1st grade teacher). She'd bought some zebra fabric and said there was plenty if I wanted to make a dress for her to wear. So, I modified an old stand-by, the Martha Pullen A-line, and made her a dress. I used hot pink & white polka dot ribbon for the ties and hot pink pom poms at the hem. We didn't have time last night, but Aunt Mimi's going to monogram it in hot pink too!
I didn't get any pictures of it this morning, but if she hasn't totally destroyed it at school, I hope to take some this afternoon.

Tomorrow she's supposed to wear her favorite color; I wonder if she has any requests for that one. ;)

0 Comments: