Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Toddler Backpack

My baby will be starting preschool in August and she needs a bag to take her necessities in. I had planned on just making her a small diaper bag or tote; and then I stumbled across a new blog - craftiness is not optional. I was originally pulled in by all of her adorable felt food tutorials. But then I spent a whole evening reading through all of her past entries and found her post about a toddler backpack. She used this wonderful tutorial by indietutes. I knew it would be perfect for her bag.
My nephew, who is about 2 months younger, will also be attending preschool so I made one for him as well. For both backpacks, it probably took me about 2.5 hours and that was with lots of interruptions. Now that I've made two, I could probably finish one much quicker.
They both love them and have been wearing them off and on for the past few days.

Her backpack coordinates with the lunch sack that I bought for her at H0bby L0bby. I'll have my sister put her name on it in lime green. Now she's all set!

* Note: I did make 2 little additions to my backpacks. I added a little hanging loop on the outside and an elastic loop on the inside to keep their sippy cups upright.

0 Comments: