Monday, June 21, 2010

If money were no object...

... I'd be one busy person. I have so many projects that I want to make and not enough money to do them. My lists grow almost daily.

I have been doing some sewing. I've made the girls several outfits, I just haven't taken pictures of them wearing it. I have used several of the cute tutorials that I've found on other crafty blogs. My new favorite is the J. Crew inspired dress. They are so easy and quick, but SO cute.
I've also made them a really cute dress using this tutorial. I'm really into shirring lately.
I'm still working on an outfit that I had planned for them to wear last Fall. It's a t-shirt dress with ruffled pants. I cut the long sleeves off of the t-shirt and lettuce-edged them. And I'm making the pants into capris.
I have some other long sleeve shirts that I'm hoping to re-purpose. I love all of the ruffly t-shirts I've seen, so that's my plan for some of them.

For the 4th of July, I found this adorable ruffled American flag that I'm going to put onto an a-line jumper.
I think ruffling ribbon would also make for a cute birthday outfit with ruffled icing on top of a cupcake. I have a special someone with a birthday coming up in a few weeks; I might have to make one for her. :)

0 Comments: