Friday, August 30, 2013

Back-to-school 2013-14


The girls have been in school for 2 weeks, but I wanted to share their outfits. I let them all choose what they wanted made out of the apple fabric. I found it at JoAnn and was able to squeak out an outfit for all 4 with mere inches to spare. My sister monogrammed their shirts for me.
From L to R: I used this tutorial for Ella's skirt. This is super simple and quick to make. And I couldn't believe she actually requested a ruffle.
Evie wanted the Sweet Caroline dress for her first day of school outfit. This is the size 8 and I love the way it looks on her. I made her dress without the ruffles/pleats and will probably have my sister monogram it.
Emory wanted shorts with pockets. She loves hiding little treasures in her pockets and would probably wear anything that has them. I used the tutorial from Elegance & Elephants for altering the play suit into separates. I just made them shorts instead of pants.
I made the Bumblebee dress for Eliza. Since I didn't have quite enough of the apple fabric for the length, I added a band of the red polka dot. This is the best picture I got of her. I had to recreate this picture from last year's first day of school. :)

0 Comments: